Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Firm Name Providing Peace of Mind During Life’s Toughest Times.
  • Schedule a Consultation Today!
  • ~
  • Hablamos Español

Pittsburgh Enforcement Lawyer

Divorces are intended to finalize all outstanding disputes between the couple. Unfortunately, issues may arise down the line that create additional conflict and call for further court intervention. Parties to a marital settlement agreement may fail to make their required payments for child support or alimony, or fail to fulfill other obligations under the agreement. If your former spouse is violating the terms of your divorce settlement agreement, you need to seek enforcement of your rights and their responsibilities. The Pittsburgh divorce enforcement lawyers at Bunde & Roberts, P.C., are ready to help you protect your rights.

Enforcing Support, Alimony, and Custody

Marital settlement agreements are contracts like any other. The Pennsylvania Divorce Code states that agreements between spouses can be enforced as though the agreement is an order of court. The divorce order enforcement attorneys at Bunde & Roberts can help you file a petition for enforcement to force your former spouse to comply. If they fail to comply with the terms of the settlement agreement, then you and your attorney can seek to have them held in contempt of court. Contempt carries additional punishments and sanctions such as counsel fees and the possibility of fines and even jail time.

Enforcement of a custody order is a separate type of enforcement proceeding. If your children’s other parent, for example, tries to move your children out of state without your permission, you have the right to stop them. Timing for enforcement of a custody order is usually very important so a person should not wait to seek enforcement.

Defending Against Enforcement Actions

If your former spouse is accusing you of failing to pay child support or keep to the terms of your child custody arrangement, it is important to have qualified, competent legal help on your side. Violating a court’s order can lead to severe sanctions. If you are no longer able to pay the child support or alimony you previously were ordered to or agreed to pay as a result of a change in your financial circumstances, then it is time to seek advice on how to deal with your situation. The attorneys at Bunde & Roberts are here to help.

Reach out to a dedicated divorce enforcement attorney at Bunde & Roberts for assistance as soon as possible.

Do Not Take Matters Into Your Own Hands

It is very important that you go through the proper channels and follow the proper procedure to enforce any agreement or order of court. You should not try to punish your child’s other parent for failing to pay child support or alimony on your own without the assistance of your attorney and the court. Parents who, for example, prevent the other parent from seeing their children and utilizing their court-ordered custody or visitation are also acting in violation of a court order. Those parents can find themselves sanctioned as a result..

If your former spouse or your child’s other parent is shirking their legal and contractual responsibilities, get help from a divorce order enforcement lawyer at Bunde & Roberts. Leave it to your attorney to seek enforcement through the courts. You are far more likely to succeed in obtaining a proper result of enforcement..

Experienced Representation and Advice from a Dedicated Pittsburgh Divorce Order Enforcement Lawyer

At Bunde & Roberts, P.C., our Pennsylvania divorce lawyers have years of experience helping clients enforce child custody, alimony, and child support orders. If you have a final divorce order and your former spouse is failing to uphold their legal responsibilities, our family law attorneys are here to help. Call the passionate and effective Pittsburgh divorce enforcement lawyers at Bunde & Roberts, P.C., today at 412-391-4330 for a consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Get started today by filling out the quick consultation form. Upon receipt, we will get in touch to schedule a confidential consultation and discuss your needs.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation