Greensburg Adoption Lawyer
Having a baby is a major life decision. It can feel like a more significant decision when you are contemplating adoption. Choosing to adopt a child is a beautiful way to expand your family, whether you are single, in a relationship, or married. You may be adopting someone you already have a parent-child relationship with, such as a stepchild. The adoption process can feel overwhelming, and you may have to jump through numerous legal hoops. Don’t attempt to handle an adoption on your own; let a Greensburg adoption lawyer help you.
At Bunde & Roberts, P.C., we have years of experience assisting Pennsylvania clients to get through the adoption process smoothly and successfully.
Experienced Representation for All Aspects of Your Greensburg Adoption
No matter whether you are adopting a child locally or internationally, the process can be complicated and confusing. Our team of Greensburg family law attorneys has experience handling different adoption types. It’s crucial to have a knowledgeable and experienced legal representative on your side throughout the process.
Adoption requires a significant amount of paperwork, interviews, documents to collect, places to visit, and more throughout the process. The attorneys at Bunde & Roberts, P.C., will be there every step of the way. We have the experience, passion, and desire to help you through the adoption process so you can expand your family.
Steps for Adoption in Pennsylvania
Our legal team can help you with adoptions facilitated through an adoption agency or private adoption. When using an agency, the steps for adoption include the following.
- Selecting an adoption agency. You want to choose one that is accredited and qualified.
- Complete the adoption application and start the screening process.
- Attend the orientation (if required) where the agency will share more about the adoption process and learn about your family.
- Complete a family profile with the chosen agency.
- Start the matching process and visit with children who might be a good fit. The Pennsylvania Adoption Exchange (PAE) maintains a database that lists children up for adoption and people who are looking to adopt.
- If you find a suitable match, the child will move into your home as a pre-adoptive placement.
- An adoption worker will make regular visits for about six months to check on the child’s welfare and provide you with support.
- If the trial period ends and everything is fine, the adoption will be finalized.
To qualify for adoption in Pennsylvania, you must be over 21, have the means to support a child, and have no child-related criminal charges.
Get the Assistance You Need with Your Greensburg Adoption Process
Adoption can be an inspiring event. Don’t let yourself get stressed out and bogged down by all the red tape with the paperwork and process itself. At Bunde & Roberts, P.C., our priority is to minimize any issues and help get you through the adoption process as smoothly as possible.
If you are considering adoption in Greensburg or Western Pennsylvania, reach out to the detail-oriented and passionate Greensburg adoption lawyers at Bunde & Roberts, P.C., for assistance. Contact our Greensburg family law office today at 412-391-4330 to schedule an initial consultation.