Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Pittsburgh Divorce Lawyer
Schedule a Consultation Today! Hablamos Español 412-391-4330
Pittsburgh Divorce Lawyer > Greensburg Enforcement Lawyer

Greensburg Enforcement Lawyer

When the court issues the final divorce decree, it’s meant to finalize any outstanding issues between you and your ex-spouse. However, it’s not uncommon for problems to arise later on, leading to the court intervening again. Sometimes, one party is not making their alimony or child support payments or have not fulfilled other obligations under the decree. If your ex-spouse is violating the terms of your divorce settlement agreements, you need assistance from an experienced Greensburg enforcement lawyer.

Enforcing Alimony, Child Support, and Custody

Marital settlement agreements are treated as contracts. If your spouse is violating the terms of your agreement, the court may have to step in and enforce it. The divorce enforcement lawyers at Bunde & Roberts, P.C., can help you with filing the petition for enforcement, which will require your ex-spouse to comply with the terms. If they refuse or fail to comply, we can ask the court to hold them in contempt. A charge of contempt could result in fees, sanctions, and even incarceration.

If you need to pursue an enforcement order for custody, it’s a different type of proceeding. For example, if your ex tries to move out of Pennsylvania with the kids, you have a legal right to stop it. Timing on enforcement custody enforcement orders is usually crucial, so don’t delay.

Defending Against Enforcement Actions in Pennsylvania

If your ex is claiming that you didn’t pay child support or adhere to another aspect of the agreement, you must have a skilled legal representative on your side. Violating a court order could result in severe penalties. Sometimes, there is a logical explanation as to why you couldn’t pay. For example, if you lost your job, that’s a substantial change in your financial situation. You could be entitled to request a modification of the terms, which we can also assist in asking from the court.

Don’t Attempt to Handle Enforcement Action on Your Own

Going through the proper channels is vital with an enforcement action. You must follow all procedures, or the court could rule against you or dismiss your case. You may be upset with your ex for not paying child support or alimony, but you can’t use this as a way to punish them. For example, if your ex stopped paying child support, you cannot withhold their visits with the children. Otherwise, you could be facing sanctions from the judge too.

If your ex is not living up to their legal requirements, let the courts deal with it. Don’t try to negotiate directly with your ex or pursue enforcement action on your own. When you retain Bunde & Roberts, P.C., to represent you, we will go over all available options and help you pursue enforcement action through the courts.

Experienced Representation and Legal Advice from Our Dedicated Illinois Family Law Attorneys

At Bunde & Roberts, P.C., our Greensburg family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined family law experience. We know the process to get the court to enforce everything from a child support order to child custody. Contact our Greensburg divorce enforcement lawyers today at 412-391-4330 to schedule an initial consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2020 - 2024 Bunde & Roberts, P.C., Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website and legal marketing are managed by MileMark Media.